Meun


Present Continuous

Form:

      Subject +am/is/are + Verb (ing)


Use:

    The Present Continuous is mainly used to express the idea that something is happening at the moment of speaking. The Present Continuous also describes activities generally in progress (not at the moment). Another use of the tense is to talk about temporary actions or future plans.






Example:


  • I am watching TV.
  • He is sleeping.
  • You are always coming last meetings!
  • She is writing a history book.
  • John is flying to Cambodia next mouth.


Contracted forms (more)

  • I + am = I'm
  • is + not = isn't
  • are + not = aren't
  • he + is = he's
  • she + is = she's
  • it + is= it's

Question Sentences

AM /IS/ARE+Subject+Verb + ING
Ex. he, she, a dog, etc.Ex. walking, going, taking, etc.
Example:
  • Are they having the party on Friday or Saturday?
  • Are you meeting on Saturday?
  • Is Mary having breakfast now?

Declarative Sentences

Subject+AM NOT /IS/ARE+Verb + ING
Ex. he, she, a dog, etc.Ex. walking, going, taking, etc.
Example:
  • I am having my first driving lesson this week.
  • He's studying to become lawyer one day
  • I am reading a book.
  • Mary is always asking me stupid questions.

Negative Sentences

Subject+AM NOT / IS NOT / ARE NOT+Verb + ING
Ex. he, she, a dog, etc.Ex. walking, going, taking, etc.
Example:
  • He isn't joking.
  • We aren't waiting for my uncle.
  • He is not going to school tomorrow.
  • I am not joking.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Popular Posts